More resources, facilities and hands on practical stuff than other Colleges!
Specialist training workshops provide valuable practical resources and real working environments and include:
- Newly refurbished, purpose built construction and engineering workshops with modern machinery and technology
- New high definition, state-of-the-art TV studio and production gallery
- An air cabin crew training room in the form of a simulated aircraft, live airline reservation systems and communications centre
- Vibrant hairdressing salons and tranquil beauty therapy rooms
- Industry standard training kitchens and restaurant open to the public
- Large, fully equipped photography studios and darkrooms, editing suite with Apple Macs, scanners and printers
- Well-equipped drama and dance studios with sprung floor, ballet barres and mirrored walls
- A modern business suite
- Two fully fitted garages
Learning Resource Centres (LRC)
The Learning Resource Centre provides access to a wide range of resources and equipment including books, DVDs, journals, e-books and open access computers, there is even an EFL Zone to help international improve their English language at home. A number of other electronic information resources can be accessed via Moodle (the College VLE). Services and facilities are available throughout the year and a friendly team of staff are always on hand to help and advise. The LRC is open Mondays 8.30am-6pm, Tuesdays and Thursdays 8.30am-8pm, Wednesdays 9am-8pm and Fridays 8.30am-5pm. Tel: 01483 448611 or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Learning Hub
Our brand new, state of the art learning hub features the very latest in new technology including:
- Central desks where students can use their own laptops and mobile devices
- High speed Wi-Fi at 108 MG
- An area connected to the College’s library catalogue system
- Tables with integral PCs for group work
- Two interactive booths for collaborative work or presentations each containing special projectors and multifunctional ‘squiggle glass’
- Five new classrooms leading from the hub, each installed with interactive projectors, squiggle glass, Wi-FI, document visualisers and a central island for teaching, from which all the technology can be controlled.
We have over 2,000 PCs, WIFI hotspots and e-learning opportunities. On-line resources can be accessed from any internet-enabled PC on and off site via our Virtual Learning Environment Moodle We have a suite of Apple Macs.